Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Flat Iron

a bar
Chicago, IL
http://theflatironchicago.com/

If you like metal and punk music then run over to The Flat Iron.  This 4am bar is a haven for punk and metal heads.  The social environment is comparable to the "Emporium" from the movie Dazed and Confused, it is just a place to go to drink beer, play pool, pin-ball and throw up.  This is the kind of bar you would stop at to end the night. It usually gets poppin once the surrounding bars have shut their doors for the evening.  There isn't much to say about The Flat Iron other than it is a good place to chill and drink a beer.  The cool things:  cigarette machine, pin-ball game, pool tables, lots or room and the walls are painted with insane illustrations.  The end.
p.s. This bar has converted to cash only.






a beer
The drinks at Flat Iron aren't pricey at all.  $5 will get you a shot of well whisky and a PBR.






a bathroom

As a person who frequents this bar, I can honestly say I've seen this bathroom at the best and worst of times.  This bathroom was built to be used, and when I say used I really mean it.  This bar bath comes with not three, but four urinals (pretty intense I know).  It smells kinda odd in there but what bathroom doesn't give off a little funk.  For the size of the bathroom I'm surprised they didn't have more than one sink.  If I were you I wouldn't go around shaking every hand you come into contact with.  


No comments:

Post a Comment